Little bits of confessions (featured image art: @creoconceptsgh)
1. No matter how polite and well meaning it is, I always get offended when on the phone and the person at the other end says “Could you speak up, I can’t hear you”. I’ve never understood till date, why I feel affronted by that.
2. I try to exercise as often as I remember. Not those cardio kinds, the weight resistance ones. I have an abs target.
3. I don’t take lightly to mimicking my voice. It dampens my mood about you already. I won’t take what you say next seriously. (See point 11)
4. People grow out of their penchant for cartoons but I never did. It’s even embedded in my personality.
(Fun fact: 2 years ago I worked as an assistant to the creative director of ROK Animations Studios – IrokoTv. Fascinating experience).
5. I like to think I have selective OCD for configuration. I may not be the most organized person on earth, but the patterner in me loves to have certain things put in certain order. If you have been my friend for a while, chances are that I have once or twice snatched your phone and re-done your Home Page(s) outlook [create folders and arrange apps accordingly], and corrected your picture folders [by deleting pictures I think are multiple or too hideous].
6. Unlike the infamous discussion among association of females universally, I’m not crazy about sleeping naked.
7. I forget to eat sometimes.
8. I have a really short fuse. The speed at which I get infuriated, you wouldn’t have seen it coming.
9. I’m slowly overcoming my “r” speech factor. I slip sometimes and you hear it, but you wouldn’t know because I’ll quickly correct myself
10. When it comes to money, I really can be a miser. I plan my expenses to the last naira. Rarely do I follow through, but I make an account of every splurge buys.
11. My feminity is more pronounced in my voice than any of my feminine qualities. I have a voice that’s like the sound of a child’s. I don’t hear myself to accurately confirm whether it’s true, but I’ve constantly gotten feedback on how it’s super soft and thin. The kind they call bedroom voice. So when I speak, it pulls attention and I hate that much more than you would think.
12. My mum thinks I’m inconsiderate and selfish. Everyone else thinks completely differently. She’s my mother, so maybe she’s more right?
13. I really really enjoy chicken. Boiled, grilled or fried it doesn’t matter.
14. When I get really frustrated like when I think I wasted my time on something, I hold back tears
15. I dislike being made to guess who’s on the other end when I receive a call from an unregistered number. Whether It’s intended to be a joke or a way of showing fondness for a familiar person, it takes everything in me to stop from dismissing the caller.
16. I used to really watch porn. I knew I needed help when a “brother” in church said he had a dream where I was struggling with the sin of sex. I haven’t blinked as fast as I did that day before. The fear of God came upon me instantly that period. I mean, His omniscience attribute suddenly seemed overpowering.
17. I’m one of those that would pat the dashboard and say “I’m sorry” to the car when I’m driving and it suddenly hits a pothole
18. I can do this thing where you write upside down or laterally inverted (mirror reading). Just for the fun of it. I’m almost as fast as with writing properly with my right hands. It’s really nothing, but I found out that most people can’t do it and whoever observes me at it gets super fascinated.
19. Every weekday for about 3months, I gave money to a beggar consistently every morning if I remember well. Not out of pity, but out of a sense of duty. I’ve tried to think about what spurred that act that period, but nothing comes up.
20. I love the idea of “love” too badly. I love to be in love. It makes me a happy, creative and better person, I found out. And I love being all that.
6 Extra Confessions
21. I started putting money aside early 2016 to afford for myself a decent car before the end of 2017. It’s 2018 and I’ve moved all the money saved into building and managing an eCommerce store. The balance, I have no idea what I spent it on.
22. For the past 2years, I have planned to partake in the annual Lagos Marathon but I have always fallen too late to registration date. Which makes me wonder if I truly want to participate.
23. Makeup is something I wish to become perfect at, surprise surprise. I would really love to get the hang of highlighting and contouring and the less everyday average look. Too few times my eyebrows have been woke, but those were flukes.
24. In secondary school, I think I fell in love with my best friend. A girl. Till now I’m still unsure whether I was in love with her, or I just loved her.
25. I enjoy solitude more than a person should
26. What goes through my mind always is, if i could adopt the mustard seed faith of the centurion in the Bible whose servant was severely ill, even if just a quarter size of it, I would not be where I am today.
And that’s all folks!
I know few confessions tidbits were quite personal, which is funny because I wrote a post about how the internet never forgets details. I’m going to leave this up anywho. It’s not a grave disclosure.
Edit: PS: It was baby girl’s birthday at the time of this post (June 8!)
This time last year. I was in love with a CEO who loved me first. A very interesting man I met while he was searching for a lie detector for his lying wife. The wife that happened to share same name as me, and their son my birthday mate. If you wish, you could read about it here.